To provide leadership in hydrology research through effective scientific solutions for achieving sustainable development and self-reliance of the water sector in India.
- Develop new techniques, procedures, software packages, field instrumentation, etc. for hydrological studies.
- Study scenarios of water resource availability under varying Hydrological, climatic, sociocultural conditions through modelling techniques.
- Assess impact of climate change on water resources and suggest measures for mitigation, adaptation and resilience.
- Propagate applications of emerging techniques for water resources development and management.
- Provide cost-effective R&D solutions to need-based water related problems.
- Provide scientific advice to the various stakeholders on water related issues.
- Empower community through capacity building and awareness on water resources development and conservation.